So, this time last year, I was basking in the happiness of finding the perfect agent for me. As you can see in the post, I'd written my big goal of finding my dream agent in ALL CAPS (you know, so the universe would know I was serious). You can also see in that next sentence that my goal for 2012 was to HAVE THE PERFECT PUBLISHER BUY MY BOOK (again, in ALL CAPS). In 2012, I had the perfect publisher buy not one, but two of my books, which clearly means that ALL CAPS possesses a strange magic--use it wisely.
Anyway, since my first book doesn't come out until next year (Fall 2014), I've struggled to come up with an all-caps goal for this year. Instead, my goals will be more task-oriented, so here are my main goals for 2013:
- Finish revising Book 1 of BURN OUT series (this is easy because I'm under contract and I do really well with external deadlines)
- Write Book 2 of BURN OUT series (again, the contract thing, so no problem).
- Finish writing and revising new urban fantasy YA and send to agent. (I am on track to finish this in the next month or so)
- Start writing final BURN OUT book.
- Get my a$$ back online, as I've sorely neglected Twitter, FB, etc. for the past few months.
- Read more books!!!!